When you will begin planning your cruise to Europe, you will probably want to take many things with you on your trip. At some point you will be halfway around the globe, so you will most likely not have easy access to things that you normally take for granted at home. Take enough time and go through a detailed list of tasks and items before your cruise tour will start. This will provide you the peace of mind your need for your holiday.
1. Contact your local passport office and be sure that your passport will be valid. Just because you own a passport does not mean it is ready for using it on a European cruise. Always check the validity of your passport at least 6 weeks in advance of your cruise departure.
2. Discuss the currency exchange with your local bank. The easiest way to pay for your daily necessaries on a cruise tour to Europe will be by using a credit card. Let your bank know when you want to take your cruise so that they will not suspend your credit card for any suspicious activity.
3. You should also pack the proper attire for your cruise tour based on where you want to go and the necessities of the cruise. Some cruise companies will require a proper dressing code for dinner occasions and if you will be sitting with the captain, you might be asked for formal attire like a tuxedo. If you will head to a warm European location during a period of time when it should be cold where you live, you should also pack lightweight clothes for your cruise tour as well as clothes which should keep you warm when you will be returning back.
4. You should discuss immunization needs with your personal doctor based on what European destination you will choose.
5. Making two distinct copies of all your important forms of identification will also be a good idea. The important documents will probably be your credit cards, driver`s license and passport. You should let a set of your copies at home in a safe location and take with you only the second set of copies. You will probably have to make a list of your essential contact numbers as well. Such details will have to be related to your credit card company, doctor, family, bank or close friends. This list should be near you at all times in case of any emergency.
6. Create a checklist with all of your essential personal items and make sure you will follow that checklist when you are packing your things. You should also include various things such as paperwork. You will most certainly need prescription medications, a video camera and a calling card for phone usage when you will be on board the vessel.